Wolf game is currently one of the most interesting blockchain games in the play-to-earn space. The Wolf Game NFTs, especially the sheep and wolves, are picking up sales on OpenSea. In fact, since its launch in 2021, the game NFTs have generated around $43 million in trading volume (at the time of writing).
In this guide, we will cover everything you need to know about the online Wolf Game: How to play Wolf Game? What are Wolf Game tools and codes? What crypto does the game use? And more. So, let’s dive right in!
What is Wolf Game?
Wolf Game is an Ethereum-based play-to-earn game that brings together the mechanics of both NFTs and DeFi. One of its most important features, which makes it unique, is its on-chain risk protocol. To explain, the game encourages players to take risks; the higher the risks they take, the higher the rewards.
Is it a Crypto Game?
Wolf Game allows players to play and earn rewards in its native ERC-20 token, WOOL, making it a crypto game. Players can also stake their tokens and NFTs to earn more.
What blockchain is Wolf Game on?
Wolf Game is based on the Ethereum blockchain. This means that players have to pay ETH to buy the game’s NFTs. Originally, when the game minted in November 2021, these NFTs were available for 0.06942 ETH. However, currently, the floor is at 0.723 ETH (at the time of writing).
Is Wolf Game free to play?
Well, you will need at least a sheep or wolf NFT to start playing the game, for which you will have to shell out some ETH. As you progress in the game, you will also benefit by purchasing in-game items such as gems, land, farmers, and more.
How does Wolf Game work?
Essentially, Wolf Game is centred around two main characters: Sheep and Wolves. During the initial mint, collectors had a 90% chance of getting a sheep and a 10% chance of getting a wolf. These are ERC-721 NFTs, with the sheep living in the “Barn”. Sheep owners can stake their sheep in the Barn to earn WOOL. They can also breed them to increase wool production.
Now, the wolves are outside the Barn, trying to get to the sheep. To prevent this, sheep owners have to pay taxes to the wolves, in WOOL. Currently, this is 30% of the Barn proceeds. Sheep owners also have the option to not stake their sheep and let them out of the Barn. But, this is where things get interesting. There is a high chance that the wolves can steal some of the generated WOOL or even the Sheep NFT!
What is WOOL token?
WOOL is the native utility and governance token of Wolf Game. Players can earn a passive income by staking their sheep or holding wolves. An ERC-20 token, WOOL is currently priced at $0.02, according to Coingecko. After a brief increase in price ($0.07) in October last year, the token’s price has fallen in the last couple of months.
Apart from earning WOOL in-game, you can also purchase it on popular crypto exchanges like Uniswap. Of course, players can also exchange WOOL for fiat at the exchange.
Types of NFTs in Wolf Game
Apart from sheep and wolves, there are several other NFTs in Wolf Game. First, after a series of updates, it introduced virtual land, which functions as a booster for the players. Only 20,000 genesis land plots exist, each completely unique. Players can use the land to cultivate assets. As of now, the cheapest land plot will cost you at least about $657.
Then, players can use farmers to boost the amount they collect on a land plot. Farmers are also useful to speed up sheep breeding as well as protect the sheep and their offspring from the wolves. Once used, farmers go into a “cool down” phase.
Then comes Gems, which are ERC-1155 NFTs that can be burnt to receive one rare farmer. There are only 5,000 Gems in the Wolf Game ecosystem, offering six different farmer types. While the farmer type is displayed on the Gem, the specific farmer traits will be random. The game is yet to reveal details about how players can obtain Gems.
Meanwhile, Wolf Game relics are 1-of-1 NFTs that can be auctioned for WOOL. On the other hand, WOOL Pouch unlocks WOOL tokens over time. Finally, players can also buy Wolf Game merch, which are different accessories made of wool. They can even redeem these NFTs for their physical counterparts.
How to Get Started
Now that you know all about Wolf Game and its NFTs, it’s time to get started. Here are the steps to get you going:
- As previously mentioned, Wolf Game is all about risk-taking. Therefore, it is essential to learn the mechanics before you get started. You can also join the game’s community on Twitter or Discord for all the help.
- Once you are ready, go to the game’s website and connect your Metamask wallet.
- Since the official NFT mint period is over, you will have to buy sheep and/or wolf NFTs from secondary marketplaces like OpenSea, to get started with Wolf Game. However, make sure to do your due diligence and have a game strategy in place before buying the NFTs.
- Next, add WOOL to your wallet.
- Finally, join any of the Packs to start playing Wolf Game!
How to Play and Win at Wolf Game
Wolf Game has evolved through a range of modes, including the original Wolf Game, Risky Game, Cave Game, Alpha Game, and Land deeds. In the Alpha game, players could create Packs—think of them as guilds—using their NFTs. Then, they had to build their domain, expand packs, and earn points by attacking other Packs. Alternatively, players could also earn by fortifying their Packs or staking their NFTs. However, according to the game’s website, Alpha Game is now complete, with a Pack led by GMoney winning.
The current gameplay involves playing in the 101 communities made of Lands. While Community #0 represents The Peak, where Wolves breed and recharge, the remaining are The Farm, where most of the gameplay happens. Now, each farm community features five characteristics: Resource Composition, Resource Levels, Defense Level, Weather, and Tax Rate. There are also all-new off-chain resources: CHOPS, GRASS, STONE, WATER, and WOOD.
While the gameplay is quite simple, it’s all about coming up with the right strategies. For example, you should be able to judge the right time to remove your sheep from the Barn. Or know when or if you should build a Den or a Bathhouse. Or which resource to collect, when, and from which community. Well, you get the gist! Remember the golden rule: Whatever action you take, it will ultimately impact the amount of WOOL tokens you earn.
Can you make money with Wolf Game?
As a play-to-earn game, Wolf Game is designed to enable players to earn a passive income, all the while enjoying the game. Pretty much every element in the game is designed to help you earn WOOL. As previously mentioned, you can exchange the WOOL tokens you earn for fiat. This is why it’s important to devise a strategy to maximise your earnings.
Why Is Wolf Game So Popular?
Firstly, Wolf Game is one of the first blockchain games focusing on crypto-native gamers. It was also one of the first to bring together risk, game theory, and community. What makes the game innovative, and in turn, attractive, is its unique gameplay. As its website explains:
“The game also incorporates a new type of gameplay with asynchronous PvP game theory. By not requiring users to be online at the same time for head to head competition, users are more able to compete based on their availability; they also must be more strategic, and plan for a variety of scenarios.”
Furthermore, some of its earlier supporters include a host of popular NFT influencers, including Gary Vee and Beanie. Naturally, the celebrity support also made it more popular. That said, both its NFT sales and the value of NFTs and WOOL have dropped in the last couple of weeks. While it could be because of the current crypto market sentiments, it remains to be seen whether Wolf Game will pick up again in the coming months.
Learn More About the Top Blockchain Games:
All investment/financial opinions expressed by NFTevening.com are not recommendations.
This article is educational material.
As always, make your own research prior to making any kind of investment.